SI - The Swiss Informatics Society
The SI promotes information and communications technologies (ICT) in Switzerland in research and practice. The SI is the largest association of informatics professionals in Switzerland, with about 2,000 members, both with and without academic degrees, working in science, business, government and education.
The SI is represented in the following national and international bodies:
- ICTswitzerland: The umbrella organization of ICT organizations in Switzerland
- CEPIS: Council of European Professional Informatics Societies
- IFIP: International Federation of Information Processing Societies
- SIC: Swiss IFIP Committee
- Strategy Group "i-12" on information technology: A study group of professional societies in computer science and its applications from Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
The SI cooperates closely with the German Informatics Society GI (Gesellschaft für Informatik).
SI is the representative of the popular international certificate ECDL (European Computer Driving License) in Switzerland.
Section Romande SISR
SI members residing in the francophone Cantons of Switzerland are automatically members of the Section Romande SISR. All other SI members can join the SI-SISR by simply sending to one of the two secretariats (see footer) to join.